Getting to Riverview
Riverview is located less than 8km from the Sydney CBD, on the picturesque Lane Cove River. Dedicated bus services operate between both Riverview campuses and a number of Sydney suburbs. In addition Maltilda Cruises operate a daily ferry service to and from the College.
Student Travel Passes
Eligible students can apply for a School Opal Card for most modes of transport to and from school. Separate passes are required for Matilda Ferries customers.
School Travel Cards
If you are applying for a School Opal Card or a Matilda Ferry Pass for the first time, you will need to visit www.transportnsw.info/school-students and make a New Application. You can track the status of your application at https://apps.transport.nsw.gov.au/ssts/trackApplication.
If you already hold a School Opal Card or Matilda Ferry Pass, and the following changes occur, please visit www.transportnsw.info/school-students to update your details:
- change of address
- change of name
- change of school
- repeating a year
- joint-custody arrangement requiring transport to two residential locations
- a new transport operator
- loss or theft of a School Opal Card*
- a malfunctioning School Opal Card
*To replace a lost or stolen Matilda Ferry Pass please contact the Senior Student Office (Years 7-12) on 9882-8127 or Regis (Years 5-6) on 9882-8306.
For students entering Year 7 the following applies:
- If your child currently attends Regis Campus and already holds a current school travel pass, provided there are no other changes as per the list above, they do NOT need to update their details;
- If your child does not attend the Regis Campus, and holds a current school travel pass they will need to Update their school details www.transportnsw.info/school-students;
- If your child has never held a school travel pass before – regardless of the Primary school they attended – they will need to make a New Application at www.transportnsw.info/school-students.
For students entering Year 5 at the Regis Campus, St Ignatius’ College:
Dedicated Bus Services
A number of dedicated school bus services run between Saint Ignatius’ College and Chatswood, Mosman, Willoughby, and Warringah Mall.
TIMETABLE INFORMATION and MAPS
Detailed information on school bus routes and timetables to and from the Regis and Senior Campuses is available via the Sydney buses website:
Chatswood Station – Regis Campus Route 686w
Chatswood Station – Regis & Senior Campus Route 687w
Taronga Zoo – Regis & Senior Campus Route 688w
Crows Nest – Senior Campus (Tuesday ONLY) Route 689w
East Willoughby – Regis & Senior Campus Route 690w
Warringah Mall – Regis and Senior Campus Route 691w
Drummoyne – Regis and Senior Campus Route 692w
The Sydney Buses website also details a number of regular bus routes from a wide variety of areas which allow students to transfer to/from the dedicated school buses at Lane Cove, at the junction of Epping and Longueville Roads, and outside the Lane Cove Post Office. Students may also be eligible to access private Bus services that operate in their area (e.g. Forest and Transdev).
Students may be eligible for free travel on the City Rail network, and then make use of connecting bus services to/from the College.
MATILDA FERRY PASSES
Maltilda Cruises operate a number of private Ferry services between the city and Riverview’s wharf on the Lane Cove River during Term time. For further information about ferry services please contact Matilda Cruises on +61 2 9264 7377.
- If your son currently travels to school on Matilda Ferries, you will need to re-apply for a Matilda Ferries Travel Pass for 2017.
- If your son travels on Matilda Ferries as well as another mode of public transport, he will have to update his details online to include the Matilda Ferries portion of the trip.
- If your son is intending to apply for a Matilda Ferries pass for the first time, you must do so online.
Applications and updates for travel in 2017 must be submitted by 30 November 2016.
For further details, please visit the NSW Transport Website.
|City to Lane Cove (am) Monday to Friday during Term time|
|Circular Quay–The Rocks||7.30||8.00|
|North Sydney–Jeffrey Street||7.36||8.05|
|Kirribilli–Kirribilli Point Wharf||...||...|
|Birchgrove–Long Nose Point||7.42||8.11|
|Hunters Hill–Alexander St||8.01||8.26|
|Lane Cove–Saint Ignatius'||8.05||8.31|
|Lane Cove to City (pm) Monday to Friday during Term time|
|Lane Cove–Saint Ignatius'||3.54||5.55|
|Hunters Hill–Alexander St||4.00||...|
|Birchgrove–Long Nose Point||4.18||6.05|
|Circular Quay–No 6 Jetty||4.26||6.15|
|North Sydney–Jeffrey Street||4.30||...|
|Darling Harbour–Pier 26||4.43||...|