Inspired by the Past, Embracing the Future
|Faith Formation & Ignatian Spirituality
To promote a relevant and vibrant Catholic ethos in the Ignatian tradition
|Teaching & Learning
To provide excellence in teaching and learning through a challenging and inclusive curriculum
To promote a quality pastoral care program based upon cura personalis that promotes a positive sense of self and community
To develop and promote a strong sense of community to enhance the educational program
|Resource, Environment & Risk Management
To provide quality facilities and respond strategically to future resource provision and environmental stewardship
The School Council has endorsed a vision that will continue to refine and improve the educational and pastoral program in context of our Ignatian tradition, which informs the principles and practices at the College.
Strategic Directions 2015–2020 builds on the Preferred Futures document (2005) and is designed to equip the students of Saint Ignatius’ College Riverview with the skills, attitudes, dispositions and capacities to become life-long learners. Students will take their place in and contribute meaningfully to their local and global communities.
OUR VISION SEEKS TO:
- Build on the strengths of the past to inform the present and create new futures that will enable students to experience growth and success.
- Promote excellence in Catholic and Jesuit education.
- Form a personal and robust faith through action in the learning and service programs.
- Achieve quality teaching and learning in all aspects of school life.
- Engage the support of students, parents and staff to promote and fulfil the mission of the College.
- Develop and review processes to encourage accountability
Strategic Directions (2015–2020) will be implemented by action plans developed by the College Executive, with annual reporting to the College Council.
Strategic Directions (2015–2020) is cognisant of and responsive to the key priorities and initiatives that reside with the Society of Jesus in Australia and the Jesuit Assistancy of Asia-Pacific.